Good source for custom aluminum?

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Good source for custom aluminum?

Post by Captain YARRR » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:54 pm

The last thing my trailer needs is some new supports for the fenders. Can anyone recommend a good place to get custom aluminum?
2006 Donzi 35 ZR - Twin 496 HO
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

97FASTech

Re: Good source for custom aluminum?

Post by 97FASTech » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:48 pm

These are not custom, but they might be able to reproduce yours if you send them one.

http://www.mcclaintrailers.com/parts_catalog.htm

or maybe these guys, looks like fabricate anything out AL or Stainless:

http://www.custommarineconcepts.com/fab/fab.html
1997 271 Formula FASTech HP500

g in the 808

Post by g in the 808 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:51 pm

97FASTech wrote:
or maybe these guys, looks like fabricate anything out AL or Stainless:

http://www.custommarineconcepts.com/fab/fab.html
Those guys look like they make some great stuff. Makes me miss the Mainland and the creative craftsmanship you can find. Not too much of that in here in the islands..

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Post by Captain YARRR » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 pm

I think probably either of those guys should be able to help. I actually don't need anything fancy, I just need some strips of aluminum cut to my sizes. I was hoping we had someone local in the Austin area.
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

Blessed

Post by Blessed » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey Evan,
If you are just looking for some good size aluminum, you know like I-beam, maybe C-channel, you should look at metals 4 u, right there in Round Rock. I bought some 2" square tubing in there, and they cut it to the sizes I needed. Really cool people, and have example sizes of everything right there at the sales desk. They are on the south bound access road by grand ave. I think. Hope that helps.

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Post by Captain YARRR » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

You know what, that gives me an idea. I think I could probably do pretty well for myself with some 2" tubing, some bolts and really beef this thing up.

Thanks for the advice!
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

TXWaveRider

Post by TXWaveRider » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:48 am

x2 on Metals4u, they'll be able to get you about anything you need.

TimothyFag

Good source for custom aluminum

Post by TimothyFag » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 am

Yes. I made one out of a 7" piece of 2" X 1/8" aluminum bar stock.
its not pretty but it works. I had a CGM polemaster Adapter and used it to mount the polemaster camera.

vickiert

Post by vickiert » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:46 am

vickiert

Post by vickiert » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:19 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru