Show me your tips!

g in the 808

Re: Show me your tips!

Post by g in the 808 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:56 pm

Funny that this thread came back. I just found this after our last run in Lake Pacifica. The welds held, but the flapper just broke down the middle :o

As I was flushing the salt from the motors one of the other flappers, rod and all puked out right in front of me. I'm down two tips in one day.

The retrofit I mentioned in the earlier post did not work for me. They do not fit well into the hose and distort the area where the clamps fit around the tips on the inside...so they leak.

That is three tipsI will have replaced. I have now have three spare tips with no flappers if anyone wants them, it would just be the cost of the ride from Hawaii to your address. PM me and we can work something out.
Attachments
tip.jpg
WTF??

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Post by Captain YARRR » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:29 pm

Fuuuuuck. I'm going to bring a flash light to my ride after this. You guys have me paranoid.
2006 Donzi 35 ZR - Twin 496 HO
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

97FASTech

Post by 97FASTech » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:50 pm

Got some new tips to put on!!

Hope they hold up, lost one flapper last summer.
IMG_0778.JPG
IMG_0777 (1).JPG
IMG_0779.JPG
1997 271 Formula FASTech HP500

Reaper311

Post by Reaper311 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 am

@g Wow! Man I've never even heard of them breaking in half like that! And more than one, that's odd.
If there's a good side, it happened in front of you rather than on the water. At least you knew about it.
When your exhaust pukes out metal....that's bad, I'm just sayin..

Capt. I'm gonna have to keep and sharp eye on mine now too! Especially as close to the water line as mine are.

FASTech those are the same style flappers that came with my new tips. There not too hard to replace once the tips are installed. I put the rubber ones back on one engine on my boat. To see if there was any difference in sound or water flow. There's really not much difference if there in or out sound wise. Water flow more runs out than thrown out. I was surprised how little difference there was in sound.
They sure are pretty when you take them out of the box arnt they?
Formula 292 SR-1 Twin 450hp Big Blocks

vickiert

Post by vickiert » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:16 pm

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting