Stereo system

g in the 808

Stereo system

Post by g in the 808 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 am

Does anybody have an idea of why all of my speakers would stop working on just one side of the boat? Could it be an amp problem?

All three amps show power on. No blown fuses. All wires are connected. Of course, I also made sure that the balance settings were correct on the head unit. Frustrated. I'm just looking for a starting point before I try to find a mobile stereo guy here on the island.

nathan

Re: Stereo system

Post by nathan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Get a small speaker with alligator clips on it to just clip it on the speaker outs and in on the amps. if you have nothing coming out of the amp but sound going in then you know it is the amp. if you don't have sound going into the amp then you know you have a radio issue.
My Happy place is on a boat at the lake with my kids!!

current boats:
1983 chaparral 235 XLC (restoration)
1977 playcraft p24 pontoon (parents own now I am the mechanic)
1975 skeeter hawk (on hold)

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Post by Captain YARRR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:19 pm

I'd get back behind your Fusion and see if your RCAs fell out.
2006 Donzi 35 ZR - Twin 496 HO
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

g in the 808

Post by g in the 808 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:50 pm

So a local mobile audio guy looked at it. It appears as if I blew a few channels in 2 Amps. He rewired the speakers driven by the, now dead, channels, into the working channels. Speakers are back.

My remotes....well, he can't figure it out. They are plug and play, so not too much to trouble shoot. They are all dead, so I'm thinking that it is either the Fusion Deck has a fried remote output, or the tri-connector is shot, or one remote is dead, so all are affected....times like this, I wish there was a Hydrotunes tech visiting Hawaii!!

Captain YARRR
Site Admin

Post by Captain YARRR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 am

Oh lovely...amps are super cheap.

If your Fusion is toast, this is how I'd do things...if you're considering a certain GPS upgrade:

Replace Fusion with Garmin Meteor:

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-Meteo ... AgvS8P8HAQ

Buy Garmin 741x which interfaces with the Meteor. You'll then be able to control all your media via your helm GPS screen. Remote won't be needed.
2006 Donzi 35 ZR - Twin 496 HO
2016 Polaris RZR 1000

vickiert

Post by vickiert » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:17 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru